At innov8 we have a unique culture built on innovation in the office space, providing industry leading information technology solutions and services with offices across Western Canada. innov8 has been recognized as Canada’s largest Canon dealer as well as a preferred supplier for Sharp and Lexmark.
The IT Support Specialist role focuses on resolving challenging business and technical issues while providing expert recommendations on day-to-day server and desktop software/hardware situations to clients. The successful candidate will provide onsite, front-line telephone and remote support and project implementations for a dynamic group of clients. A background in a similar role is required.
The qualities we are looking for in this position are:
- Technical diploma or a combination of experience and education
- 3+ years work experience required, preferably in a Managed Services Provider environment
- Must have in-depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting computer hardware, software, networks, TCP/IP, Windows RDS/Terminal Services, Microsoft Exchange, mobile devices, virtualization technologies, and Office 365
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of common operating systems
- Experience with design, configuration and deployment of Active Directory, Domains, Group Policies both on premise and Azure AD
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a team environment
- Outstanding Customer Service and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Detailed organizational and time-management skills
The ideal individual must have a positive outlook and enjoy working with others in a professional business setting. You must be trustworthy, punctual, and responsible.
- Perform work remotely and on-site as required for multiple small and medium sized businesses.
- Procure, provision, install, trouble shoot:
- Desktops, servers including: Windows, MacOS
- Mobile devices including: Android and IOS
- Network equipment including routers, switches, access points, firewalls, VOIP
- Create project plans, charters, schedules.
- Document all work done in ticketing system
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients and staff to schedule service tickets
- Review/prioritize outstanding projects, requests, change and incident tickets
- Work with software and hardware vendors
Nice to have:
- Linux and PowerShell scripting
- Programming languages such as php, NET, perl, python
- Internet security and data privacy principles education
- Industry certifications will be a distinct advantage (e.g. Citrix, Cisco, VMware, Microsoft)
- Able to architect IT solutions suitable for small and medium sized organizations
- Extended health care
- Salary based on experience
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
If you are interested in joining our awesome team at Innov8 Digital Solutions, please email your resume, cover letter and any additional information to email@example.com
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed will be contacted. Preference will be given to applicants with MS 100/101 certification
|Position:||IT Support Specialist|
|Locations:||Kelowna (or other Innov8 offices)|
Join our team
Think you’d be a great fit for this position? Our staff enjoy a strong benefits package, group healthcare plan, competitive wages, and excellent opportunities for advancement and career growth. Please click the button below to send us an email which includes your Resume and Cover Letter. We will review the details you have submitted and may get back to you if a follow-up interview is required.